Decorative Painting & Restoration
Conrad Schmitt Studios is proud to provide full-service custom decoration and restoration.
From the Waldorf Astoria Hotel in New York to the Basilica of the Sacred Heart on the campus of the University of Notre Dame, the Studio has been involved in the decoration, restoration and renovation of buildings of architectural and historic significance throughout the United States. Projects include churches, theatres, hotels, courthouses, state capitols and other public and private structures since 1889.
More than 120 years of experience make Conrad Schmitt Studios uniquely qualified to provide solutions in a variety of media - from the documentation of original decorative schemes to gilding, glazing, marbleizing, stenciling and trompe l'oeil.
Whether it is the design and fabrication of a single stained glass window or the restoration of a monumental cathedral, the Studio's artisans and craftspeople bring unparalleled skills to each project.
The Studio's wide range of services includes:
- Restoration and Renovation of Interior Decorative Schemes
- Stained Glass Design and Conservation
- Decorative Painting (polychroming, faux finishes, trompe l'oeil, glazing, stencils, gold leaf)
- Investigation and Documentation of Original Decorative Schemes
- Mural Design and Conservation
- Statuary and Sculpture
- Leptat® (etched) and Faceted Glass
- Custom Furnishings
- Plaster Restoration
- Fundraising Assistance through the creation of Renderings and On-site sample
View videos of large restoration projects conducted by CSS in the past.Restoration part 2 - Conrad Schmitt Studios
Basilica of the Sacred Heart, University of Notre Dame - Restoration
Notre Dame, IN
Click on a thumbnail image below to view a larger photo.
Start Your Project Right. Call Us Today For a Consultation 800-969-3033.