News & Archives
Nov 25, 2008
St. Mary Catholic Church, Salem, SD - St. Mary Catholic Church, established in 1885, has recently been restored. Conrad Schmitt Studios who decorated the church in 1912 and 1947 was appointed for the historic undertaking. The beautification efforts included the rich painting of the walls, hoods and ceiling; elements such as 23 kt gold leaf gilding, glazing and stenciling; restoration of the Calvary scene statues; and repairs and painting of the Stations of the Cross.